Holset Super 40 Upgrades - Application Notes
Model # 4027888 (2001-Current) / # 4031450 (1994-2000)
- Over 850 CFM airflow capacity.
- 85 mm back face / 60 mm inducer.
- 16 cm W/G Housing Standard.
- Optional non-W/G 16 cm housings are available. Additional sizes, W/G / Non-W/G housings are also available, call for details.
- 4.5 pressure ratio capable. Wastegate actuator comes set at 40 lbs.
- Required modifications across all MY's is a 4" Full-Marmon Exhaust. These down pipes can be had from most aftermarket exhaust companies.
- Engine would benefit greatly from modifications like larger injectors, cold air intake, and free flowing exhaust.
- Balanced to 130,000 rpm
- 450+ HP capable.
- Depending upon model year and additional modifications, installation time is as little as 3 hours. (Installation is a bit more complex due to engine modifications required, again time is based on installer's ability, tool availability, and MY)
- On 1994 – 2002 trucks use Super 40 part number 4031450 with vertical wastegate actuator to clear frame/shock tower.
- On 2003 and later trucks a 90 degree aluminum elbow (available from Cummins under part number 3923178) must be used to connect the turbo discharge outlet to the IC tubing.
- On 2004.5 trucks, two items of concern must be addressed. First on all 2003/2004/2005/2006 trucks, a silicon 90 degree elbow must be used to connect the compressor outlet to the vehicle's IC system as the compressor cover does not have the elbow built in.
- Additionally, on 2004.5/2005/2006 with the Command Valve, a 100 ohm resistor is needed to be placed into the connector pins on the plug from the ECM to the Command Valve to "fool" the ECM into thinking it is still connected to the command valve. A pre-made "plug" can be purchased from BD Performance.
- The turbine housings use a 4.00" Full-Marmon exhaust outlet. This will require a 4" aftermarket down pipe.
- Fully clockable.
POPULAR HOLSET PRODUCTS